Allow curlers to score their own games
Ideally curlers will be able to enter scores for their own games (and only their own games). This should be a mobile first UI (smart phone).
* Each account may have multiple curlers.
* Show the list of games they are participating in descending date order. Note which of their curler profiles is participating in each game.
* Highlight game(s) that match the current date, and a button / link to jump to the current game.
* Prevent score entry for games on past or future dates.
* Administrators should be able to enable this per event. By default it will be disabled to prevent mistakenly enabling it for competitive events.
I would like to see this added so curlers can submit the score for their game and the database would track the user and time for the submission
I would really like to see this added. Building a table of Event Managers to score games for each league is a lot of work. I'm wondering if it is necessary. Can we just allow anyone that is registered in the league to submit games? Instead of a Score Page, add a <href> to each game that opens the Score Page for that game.
No we can't just globally allow curlers to score their own games. It needs to be a flag on the event (maybe I also add a default flag for the club so you don't have to keep setting it). Curling I/O hosts some very competitive events (Briers, Scotties) where it would be inappropriate to have curlers score their own games :)
The UI will be the same. They just won't be able to input anything for games they aren't part of.
marked this post as
Dave Rapin: I'd like to create an email address that all curlers will use to submit their scores. I'd like to provide the users with a link that will pass the userid and password with the url to the event management page. I need to find a simpler way than setting up individual event managers.